Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Thoughts on Life

Wow...I was just reading my blog from yesterday...note to self: Maybe don't do that again! I am severely bored at the present moment which is the reason for my blogging...no real reason. PHONE BREAK: I just got off of the phone with Regan and we were just chatting about her sister (my cousin) Leah. I just have to say that Leah is an amazing woman. She has had this parasite in her eye for a year now...she has gone through so much pain...I can't even begin to imagine. Just last week she found out that they had a cornea for her (to get a corneal transplant) but she couldn't have it cause the parasite has spread past her cornea again and it would just infect the new cornea. So, she is back on the drops (basically pool chemicals) that get the parasite under control and once it is, she has to wait for another cornea...which could be within 1 month or past 6 months!! She is so strong...I know that if that were happening to me...you'd all have to check me into rehab after for drug and alcohol addiction. I can't imagine living with that much pain on a daily basis...especailly in the eye. It just makes me realize how much we all have to be thankful for...life may not always be fun...heck, it may get pretty darn crappy, but at least I have my health...just some sobering thoughts I am currently having...

3 comments:

Kevin said...

yeah Leah is cool. i think things like that should happen to people who deserve it instead of her..... but then i just might have a parisite in my eye...

kristin janzen said...

jenn, i have to say you are one of the most faithful bloggers AND commenters. nobody could ever accuse you of being a lurker.

secondly - coloring my hair has been exhillerating!!! i'm hooked!

Jenna said...

Hi Jenn,
Since the Monster energy made you go loopy u should just try the red bull. It has the same effects but not as strong. And i liked reading your thoughts today. Makes me very happy to have my health.