Tuesday, July 19, 2005

MWS

Last night Tim and I drove to Regina to go the Michael W. Smith concert (happy b-day, Tim). It was funny cause I told Tim that we could be on time if not later because there is always an opening act and these things never really begin until around 8ish (the BEP never actually took the stage until closer to 9). So, we get there and the place is dead quiet...everyone was in the auditorium and had taken their seats...it struck me as very funny...Christians are so polite!! Such a different atmosphere compared to Saturday night! The concert was great...a mix of old and new, but all very worshipful...he did a medley of some of his old songs which was fun...and yes, he performed "Friends"...it was entertaining though, cause when he started it he was totally making fun of himself singing lines like, "really? I'm singing this song again?" Again, pics aren't that great cause of the lighting...digital cameras need better flashes!! I have a couple that I will post, but I don't have an upload cord right now. Good times...he is a wonderful piano player....very talented. Now, about the drive home...I was so tired (as I have had like 12 hours of sleep over the last 5 night combined) I drove for a while, but could NOT keep my eyes open!! I am actually sure that I "slept-drove" for a while...I am too old for this!!

In other news...my mission for the week is to choose a Napoleon Dynamite saying for a tank top...got any opinions??

6 comments:

Jenna said...

hi jenn, i went to a mws concert once when i as fifteen and i remember it very well. it was so powerful and worshipful. it was really amazing. you sure go to a lot of concerts.

AlisonVeritas said...

Tina - Come get your dinner you fat lard.

or...

Vote for pedro

Just Me said...

Yeah, as I was thinking that last night as I was 'driving' home...Maybe I am making up for not doing much as a teen...Teesh wants me to go with her to Vancouver for Destiny's Child last performance as a group ever...but there is also Backstreet Boys in Calgary...what to do, what to do!! :)

kristin janzen said...

oohhh a backstreet boys concert would be AWESOME! i would go to that with you! so much fun. you sure have been blogging a lot lately!
now the only thing i remember from napoleon dynamite is when he's calling his brother for a ride home b/c he needs lip chap. frankly i think i am the only person in this world who didn't LOOOOOOVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEE this movie. i thought it was good for a nice "ha ha" but at the same time, the whole time i was wondering if it would ever end. BUT, whenever i hear quotes from it, i think they are hilarious bc they are just so stupid. so overall, i thought it was a good-to-quote ha ha sort of funny movie.
there's my two cents!

AlisonVeritas said...

The OBVIOUS choice is Vancouver because a) you get to see me and b) Destiny's Child is done after this forever!!! I think we may never be rid of the BSB. They will turn into the Backstreet Senior Citizens.

Kristin - I do agree with your take on NapDyn. Funnyish, but in such a bizarre way. More funny quoted. Very perceptive grasshopper.

Kevin said...

mee too