Monday, July 18, 2005

S-A-T-U-R-D-A-Y NIGHT!!

Come on, you know you want to sing the song out loud...Saturday night was some great fun. The Black Eyed Peas concert was amazing. Very talented bunch (and no, there was no lip synching, Trent) Teesh and I had 5th row floor seats which were pretty good. We were off to the side...centre would have been better...but I shall not complain. They performed some of their best stuff and really looked like they were having fun. I have heard that they don't really rehearse...one could tell that some stuff they did was spontaneous and totally fun and entertaining. They have great chemistry! Fergie is one great singer and a very pretty girl, at that (the album cover doesn't really do her justice!) One of the best songs of the night was "Where is the Love". The audience loved it!! I was actually fairly impressed with how non-raunchy the night was. I took some pictures, but the lighting was pretty bad, so they didn't turn out so well. The sound was great...super loud with minimal distortion. Mind you, I was a tad deaf after...which showed itself Sunday morning when I was trying to hear the bass guitar in my piano monitor and I kept asking the sound person to "turn it up!" and he kept telling me that he had it quite loud...anyway...At the concert, I purchased the most expensive tank that I have ever bought. It was $35...I know that isn't a tonne, but I typically spend 10 bucks on a tank top! After the concert there was an after-party at the "Overdrive"...I have never been there before and there is great likelihood that I shall not go back, but I am a big fan of having great stories and so I had to go and see if the Peas would actually show up. Well, they were there in a roped off area...if you wanted in, you kindof had to be invited....or as some girls did, flirt with security guys. Will (the main singer guy) came over to sign some autographs (which I got on my ticket stub) he shook my hand and kissed it and then I got to enter the roped area. Danced a little (in a group) with APO...pretty cool :) Interesting just watching people and the way they act around "celebrities" Some girls were 'macking' on the band members...yuck!! They were all very drunk and I think that a few of them were high. Fergie was completely wasted and at 2 am her assistant practically had to carry her out of there. I was going to take a couple of pics, but that wasn't really allowed. And speaking of Fergie's assistant, she was pretty strict with anyone who tried to say hi or get an autograph. It was kind of interesting just watching people so badly want to interact with these famous people and the 'famous' people not really caring. People so badly want to be around or be with famous people and you know, they aren't that great. I had said to Teesh on the way home that it would be great to be Fergie...she is beautiful, talented and tours (which looks like tonnes of fun)...after the "Overdrive" I have to say that no, I wouldn't want to be her...She didn't look very happy...maybe that was cause she was so stinkin' drunk, but I would venture a guess that it wasn't just that....maybe more on that another time on another blog...

4 comments:

AlisonVeritas said...

I really should admit this anonymously, but too late. Do you know the BEP's song Lovely Lumps??? I LOVE that song, it is hysterical. "my hump my hump, my lovely lady lumps." HA it totally cracks me up. I am SUCH a heathen.

Just Me said...

Yes!! They totally did that song...so catchy, so catchy. Whatcha gonna do with all that junk? all that junk inside your trunk? The words are hysterical...

AlisonVeritas said...

i'm gonna gonna get you drunk. get you love drunk on my hump.

Rylan Schultz said...

thats cool you got to kindof be in the same area as them.. a bunch of us saw them at the bess. as they were on their way to the show, i couldnt talk to them though because i was standing at the slowest atm ever waiting for my money.. oh well