Thursday, June 16, 2005

Star Wars

So, Ethan, Grace and myself are in the toy section at Wal Mart today (even though I am anti-Wal-Mart...another blog for another time...maybe I'll have T-Funk guest write that one) looking for a birthday present. Ethan spots the Star Wars characters which is great because that is exactly what we were looking for. Now before I get ahead of myself, I will admit that I am not a huge Star Wars fan. Don't get me wrong, I love four, five and six, especially six, Return of the Jedi, but I wasn't a huge fan of number one. This does not mean that I am anti-'boy' movies, as LOTR are my favorite movies and the first Matrix may very well be my favorite movie ever (and up at the top is also Fight Club)....my point being that I really don't know the characters in Star Wars beyond the obvious and most popular. Now that we have ruled out that I am not only a chick-flick girl, I will continue on with my story. Ethan starts pulling the characters off the shelf telling me who they are, the Chancellor, Emperor Palpatine, General Grievous, etc. (keep in mind he can't read yet, he just knows ever single character, just ask him to list off all of the LOTR characters and their wepons sometime...it is fairly impressive). Now, if you have frequented the "action figure" area in the toy department, you will know that there are usually a few guys that are between the ages of 19 and 35 looking at the characters....so they are grinning and super impressed with this kid's knowledge and pronounciation of the Star Wars characters. All of a sudden we all hear, "dum, dum, dum, dum da dum, dum da dum". That's right folks, it's my 2 year old girly-girl humming the 'evil character' theme song to Star Wars...all the while holding a Cinderella in her hand. We all had to laugh because it was so bizzare. And because my kids are "theme-songers", (if you know them, you know what I am talking about!!) they continue this the rest of the time we are in Wal-Mart. Ahhh, life is never boring when I am with the two of them!!


Tip of The Day: While I was conducting a poll of whether people use their towel for more than one day, results were about 99.5% of people do use their towel more than once, I was given a very wise and useful tip: use the side with the tag for your face and hair and the other side for the rest of your body. That way you will know that only one side has touched your face!!

1 comment:

Kevin said...

I definitely use my towel more than one day. know why? cuz im clean when i'm out of the shower.