Monday, June 13, 2005

Kissing in the Rain

You know, I try to do something good for my wellbeing, such as running....and then it starts to rain. Not just any rain, mind you, oh no, it has to downpour to the point where people are asking me if I want to come into their house! But, I say no thanks and I keep on truckin' listening to Gwen Stefani's "If I was a Rich Girl". Fun running song, I must say. I am close to home and Divine Brown's 'Old Skool Love' begins to play...."It's funny how memories-Keep bringing you back to me-Just when I put myself together again-Thoughts of you-Come creeping in" and suddenly I am taken to the streets of New York (not sure why? Who would run at night there...have any of you watched CSI:New York???). Anyway, I am standing under a lamp post in the pouring rain, looking up at the sky in desparation (partly from the rain and partly because rain can always remind one of a lost love) . As I look across the street through the rain....I see someone walking towards me. As the person nears, I recognize him as the one that broke my heart ages ago (and you know that it's not creepy that he knows where I am and that I am out running, practically stalking me, cause it's the movies!!) Our eyes lock, I can't bring myself to take a breath...it is his eyes, it was always his eyes...I cannot look away. Without saying a word, he leans in and kisses me (a really nice non-sloppy, movie kiss) ....EEERRRCCHHHHHH... BACK TO REAL LIFE...That, dear friends, is pricisely the moment (about 10:42pm) when I made up my mind that kissing in the rain would be extremely romantic. Never thought it was before tonight...I'll never be convinced otherwise now. Good night, all.

4 comments:

Rylan Schultz said...

I used to be really into kissing in the rain. But I always thought it would be cooler with a strobe light.

Just Me said...

Rylan, anything is instantly cooler with a strobe light!!

AlisonVeritas said...

I live to kiss in the rain.

kristin janzen said...

this is in response to the last blog... if jenn ever suggests to leave a comment if you want some of her baking, i suggest you do so. it's like having a little dream come true when she knocks on your door the next day ;)

yummm yummmmmmm