Monday, June 13, 2005

A Collage of what's on my Mind

I recently had this converstaion with a friend of mine over a Starbucks (the best place to say what's on your mind, I must say). The discussion sparked as she was telling me about some friends of hers in another city. I find it interesting that when a person is struggling relationally, internally, or with sin (or all of that, I suppose) that the last place many of us want to turn is the church. I personally think that it would be super scary to let people know that much of you...to actually have 'confession'. Instead many of us keep everything inside for fear of our church 'finding out'. And with good reason, I think. I have heard of too many instances where one person's struggles have torn a whole church apart. I would love for people to see the church as a place of restoration rather than condemnation. Disclaimer: I love my church and am not speaking of it specifically, but the body of Christ in general.

I care for peanut butter cookies a great deal. They are really good...not much in them, but still quite tasty. My kids like them and I like to deliver them as 'cookie gifts'. If any of you truly love peanut butter cookies, comment and maybe, if you are lucky, I'll stop by with some sometime.

Adam and Eve really messed up! Once you get past the whole 'the world was perfect and now it is full if sin' you can think about the practical ways their choice affects you. For example: Had they not eaten the fruit, they wouldn't have known they were naked and would not have had a need for clothes. Practical Application: I would not have to have Monday as my laundry day (and I mean "day" as I have 4 people's laundry to do) cause there would be no clothes!

Another mystery of the World simplified. The Bermuda Triangle is really just an angry seahorse...you have no idea how vicious these creatures can be when provoked!! See how easy this stuff is? Scientists really try to mess with our heads with all of their physics and theories and stuff! Sidenote: The Bermuda Triangle and the Pyramids may be connected...I will have discussion of this at a later date.




6 comments:

AlisonVeritas said...

Good blog, my hearts desire too is that people would see the church as a place of restoration. I love peanut butter cookies and would like them hand delivered to my door in Victoria(sneaky hey!) You are a brilliant mastermind of earthly trivia. Any guesses on Stonehenge?

kristin janzen said...

jenn, i thought i should let you know that i like peanut butter cookies too. also i like your cheesecakes, your pies, your lasanga, and well, pretty much everything you make. you should start a cooking class!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenn:
Great thots. Maybe having coffee at Starbucks sharing (confessing) to a friend is how this "church thing" is supposed to work. Two Christians talking about important life issues and "bearing one another's burdens"; isn't that the essence of what the "church" is??

Just Me said...

It's true, it's true....

Rylan Schultz said...

I like peanut butter cookies a lot. A big heck of whole lot.

Anonymous said...

Well well Jennnnyfer. I do believe you are offering to bring me cookies if I express the interest. Well I'll give you my address unless u just wanna call when u land here. :)
Have a safe flight.