Friday, September 30, 2005

Movies, Movie Stars, Summer camp and Parking

Well, Friday is finally here although my weekend doesn't officially begin until 9:15 this evening. Most of this will probably be fairly random, but at least then it has the potential to be funny/entertaining. I am really enjoying my job...you people that live here in the city really need to book a massage. There are male and female therapists for you goofy boys that don't want a boy touching them...I prefer girls too as boys typically aren't as deep massagers. It is only $16 for a 45 minute treatment and $28 for a 90 minute treatment! Very cheap and there are some fairly talented people that practice here. It is very private...you get your own room and stuff like that. So....whatcha waiting, watcha waiting, whatcha waiting, whatcha waiting, whatcha waiting, whatcha waiting fo-or?? (it's only fun if you hear Gwen Stefani singing it in your head!) And as an added bonus, if you come on Wed, Thurse or Friday...you get to see me....could there be a better end to your day?

Last Saturday I did something that I have never, ever done before. Usually I feel quite strongly about people who do it and think that they need a good beating. ....but under the influence of a pastor's wife...I did it. I think that I still feel guilty about it....eeeee, I can't believe that I gave in and did it....oh, well, here it is...I parked in handicap parking. Isn't that terrible? I didn't even like parking in the pregnancy parking when I was pregnant cause I thought that there were probably people that needed it more than me. The pastor's wife in question had a temporary card that allows handicap parking because here mother left it behind when she went on a trip...so this pastor's wife has been making good use of it! I swear I'll never do it again...

Anyway, this topic has been on my mind a lot and I am not sure of an effective segway, so I shall just tell you. I have been seeing a counselor...I highly recommend this practice as sometimes we just need a new perspective on things. Here is my thing...I like to call her my therapist-it makes me feel like a movie star whereas counsellor makes me feel like I am back at Kenosee Lake bible camp...so, I like to say, "when I saw my therapist", or "my therapist suggested"...yes, I can be a nut case....like we didn't know that already!

We don't have huge plans for the weekend. After work this evening I am meeting Tim over at Blaine and Anne's to watch a movie...movies are safe cause I tend not to take pics of people when we are watching movies...I know that Blaine is thankful for that. I already got the "what happens at your house, stays at your house" talk...referring to the picture that was posted after our Settlers game. Uh, yeah, I just smiled and nodded...seriously, if you are going to don a darth vader hat..a picture gets taken and has to be shared with the world...As for tomorrow, Tim is playing football with the church leaguers..I am sure that you will be able to spot who was playing on Sunday as they will all be moving fairly slowly with possible limps!

Girls of Saskatoon...you know that book that Alison was talking about (Captivating)? It is on sale for $9.99 at Scott's Parables...go and buy yourself a copy. I did!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got the book yesterday from some friends and I love it. Started it last night and didn't want to put it down! You will enjoy it big time!
Shawn's Dad has a handicapp sticker and we make use of it too....sad but true. I always feel guilty and say that the walk won't hurt anyone...but oh no! When Mom is with us she brings it and we use it....Dad has it cause he has had so many flippin' heart attacks.

Jenna said...

hello, good blog. i am glad you are enjoying your job and i would come except massages make me sick. ive only had two in my life. one from you, and one from tanis the day i had kayden and i felt dizzy after them both. as for the book, i think i'll go get it tomorrow.

A Not So Desperate Housewife said...

I can't believe you parked in the handicapp parking....you are so bad! Did you at least take pictures?

AlisonVeritas said...

Great blog! You will always be a movie star to me. Thanks for spreading the Captivating tip! Refer to my upcoming blog for more on this.
Alison

AlisonVeritas said...

Great blog! You will always be a movie star to me. Thanks for spreading the Captivating tip! Refer to my upcoming blog for more on this.
Alison