Friday, September 02, 2005

And the New Working Girl is...

...ME...I, Jenn Barnstable, am a soon-to-be working woman. I have acquired a job at the Professional Institute of Massage Therapy. I will work 3 evenings a week (Wed, Thurse, Fri) 3-9. It is a fabulous job that I absolutely love...you may be wondering how I know this...well, I worked there back in 2002. I have front desk admin duties (which we all know I am fairly capable at...I mean really, is there a reason to ask the multi-tasking organizational skills of a stay-at-home mom who has a fetish for cleanliness and organization all the while taking care of (herding may be a better word choice) my nutso kids?...they really get it from Tim...no seriously!! Just ask him about the game "Bum Darts"....also ask Regan Klammer (his cousin) of his psychotic control freak habits as a child. My only hope is that Ethan is so much like Ronnie was as a child and he turned out kindof good, right?? Anyway, back to the job...I also help the students with questions and ask them questions while they are with patients. So, I need to brush up on my testing skills and anatomy skills...students like teachers with skills. Basically I get to do all the things I love without ever taxing my own body by giving a massage. Yay! PLUS, they pay super well...seriously, it is more than I had hoped for. God likes to bless me...strange creator of the universe He is. Anyway, you all (the ones that live here) should come in sometime...it is only 16 bucks for a 45 minute treatment. You do have to book ahead as they book up fairly quickly. The rooms are all separate...it is very professional. I am very excited to have my own wage. First things first...I kindof have to pay off my Visa as I have been using it a little too often these days...that may take until the end of October...YIKES!! Bad Jenn...then, I have found an Asian Buffet (boys, a buffet is a long dresser like piece of furniture that goes in your dining room to store nice dishes and the like...impress you wives with that info one day!!) at Urban Barn that I have liked for 2 years...I WANT IT!! There is also a very attractive bamboo mirror that would look positively wonderful above it. Yes, I will finally finish my kitchen. It has been my nemesis for 2 years now....I will rise above and conquer it!! Then...I am going to save so that Tim and I can go to Las Vegas is February. It will be fun feeling like I am treating us. I look forward to that trip, babe! Also, I am going to see Alison after Christmas...it is time...we have talked about it for 3 years now. I am going to put my $$ where my mouth is (literally) and go see her and Leon, of course. Get ready guys....it will be a fun weekend (we will go shopping, right?) Which brings me to my last point...with a little extra money, I may have the sporadic inclination to purchase a little extra clothing. Hey, if I can't have my 2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse in Sunset pearlessant, 6-speed, with 18" wheels, a Rockford Stereo (with a sub in the trunk), white leather seats with Orange suede accents and orange stitching throughout....then I can buy a few shirts from the G-A-P....and maybe 1 from Ultimo on 3rd, right??!!

Sidenote: This morning after Tim left I saw on the stove that he had layed out the words "I love you" in Alphabits...Firstly, I am appalled that we have Alphabits in the house. Secondly...isn't that sweet? Sometimes I am not sure why that man loves me so much...I am one lucky lady....

Till next time...

5 comments:

Jenna said...

thats so cute about the alphagetti!! I love it. and it is exciting that you are going to be working. having extra money is so great. also, your hair looks really good and I am so proud of you for the enitre blog you wrote below this one.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the job buddy!! It sounds right up your alley. Also, I think your hair looks fabulous! I've always liked you best as a redhead!!!! (By the way, you can now lay off about not commenting on your blogs!)

Linoleum said...

awww that is so cute of tim! you are right he is a great guy. good for you tim!

tmosh said...

way to score a job jenn! thats so great for you....we went to E-town on the weekend with the klamtowns!

Rylan Schultz said...

I laughed to myself when you said you had found an Asian buffet that you want. Good thing you explained it, cuz boy, do I know the effects of one too many springroll/sweet and sour chicken ball combos. Its really not funny until you use your imagination with it.