Thursday, September 15, 2005

Here it is...

Before I begin my discussion on the color of bananas, a little know fact about bananas: they possess a unique scientific phenomenon called "negative geotropism". Basically what this means is that when they start to grow, they grow downwards as gravity would dictate, but as they take in sunlight and begin to grow larger...they actually turn and grow upward! Isn' t that veird??? (Yes, I was Dutch for a microsecond..hee hee) So, here is the thing...the yellow color indicates that a banana is ripe...but bananas can also be red...so, how can I really have a good reason for bananas to be yellow?? My whole theory has to be thrown out the window. It's done, kaput, garbage...

...But I would like to address the fact, along with Tina, that a banana is not nearly enough for supper, Kristy anne! At least add some cheese and crackers to that...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You promised "intriguing" and you delivered with gusto. Jenn you are such a wealth of information. Who knew that the humble banana that we so thoughlessly consume actually defies gravity as part of it's development??? Now...why are apples red or green or pink??? Aha, now there's a question just waiting for diligent research and forthright answers.

AlisonVeritas said...

It is amazing that you know all this stuff, but really, you are a mom and moms know everything right? I think I'm overdue to send you an email, so will update you soon. Hope things are good.
Alison