Thursday, April 12, 2007

I just want to be warm...

The feelings written here were provoked by these pics and the fact that there is snow on the ground!!! I was on a 'I'm so sick of being cold' tirade last night and now I wake up to snow....I am livid! This first picture was taken on June 22-don't we look happy and warm? I remember that evening because it was warm till midnight. I would like to be warm. The second one is from July-which is unfair because it is always warm in July...but it makes me want warm...NOW. It also makes me want to sit on the patio at Earls. I love the patio and being warm outside! I know, I know...I have the same little angry rant at this time every year. It's just that, well, I so yearn for the warmth of the sun to beam down upon me and excite my every cell (I am fairly certain I just 'borrowed' that phrase from Maroon 5...Speaking of which, they have a CD coming out on May 22...YAY and FINALLY!) Anyway, back to the rant at hand...I hate being cold. I hate cold hands. I hate cold feet. I hate having to keep my shoulders up by my ears to feel half-way warm. Yes, we could move away, but we have gone and gotten all attached to you people here. Thanks...thanks for keeping me cold. I just want to wear a tank top or capris and NO jacket. It isn't a big request...

I like summer. I like driving around with the sun roof open, music pounding, the breeze blowing my hair in my face and then in my lip gloss and then when I move my hair away it takes a streak of lip gloss with it....never mind...I don't like that part. I like that I feel happier. I like feeling healthier and like I have more energy. I like that it is easier to stay skinny.

Please make an appearance soon, warm sun, please! Maybe we could form a prayer group on behalf of the weather. Hey, Shawn and Kev pray for hockey...why not the weather!?

5 comments:

Leah said...

Oh Mr Sun, Sun, Mr Golden Sun - please shine down on me.

I second your notion.

The weather network predicts 16 for Saturday.

Miss Gina said...

We both blogged about weather today! I'm done with the cold and with the snow. Let's get on with it, already!

p.s. Cordell's hair is sooo long in that picture!!!

Jenna said...

jenn, i am so excited for the maroon five cd, and i agree...finally.
the sun will come soon. dont u worry your pretty little head

Unknown said...

"Do I dare?"..."ohh I must" (those are the little voices in my head)
I've been enjoying lots of sunshine, am wearing capris and tank tops and could certainly sit out on the Earls patio...oh wait, there is no Earls here, or anything of the sort! Plus I'm already hot- I'm 40+ weeks pregnant! Oh well, the bragging was fun while it lasted! And by the way, are you going to call me already?! Before the baby would be nice! haha

Anonymous said...

well Jenny from the block!

i never visit your blog - but i had a mission today - but we'll get to that in a bit.

First - the Spirit of the Lord has brought me to the land of no winter - and i'm lovin' it. i haven't really seen snow since january when i lived in your town... sorry sucka.

Secondly - as mentioned earlier - i never visit your blog - but here i am and the most recent post has my name in it!!! I would like to bring some clarity however! to my recollection Shawn and i have never prayed for hockey. baseball, yes, and i've uttered pleas on behalf of the Seahawks - but not hockey... yet.

And lastly - and the reason for my visit - there's a girl that goes to Bible College with my sister and she looks a lot like you. like you two could be sisters. i couldn't quite place it when i first met her, probably cuz i haven't seen you in a while, but then it hit me... crazy hey? her name is Laura Deans. and she's a little crazy like you too!

so there you have it Jenny. I hope life is treating you well. say hi to Tim and the children for me. b bye