Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Let's Pick My Brain...Shall We?

These are the goings on in my brain these days (I won't even begin to apologize for all of the things I am going to write about and how they don't seem to relate in the slightest)

First of all...happy belated Birthday, Rylan! Hope you had a good one...if not, your friends had better make this weekend a great one...some wine, perhaps? Secondly, girls-it is time to plan a girls night out or a poker night. My brother in law has a great professional poker set so we would feel all like we were really in Vegas! And, as a bonus, I could make the snacks!! Leave a comment telling me good nights and what you might like to do and we can go from there. It shall be fun times, girls, fun times! Thirdly, work has really started to take up a lot of my brain power and energy...seriously, if you can believe it, most Friday nights, I just want to fall into bed. Yes, it is true..."Social Jenn" has taken a break!! I know that the rest of you have been working for years now, but I haven't ever really worked outside of my home...but I do a whole lot of work in my home therefore I feel like I work and then leave and go to work and then come home and fall into bed...Sad, I know....

You know, it seems as though I have been facing quite a bit of stuff "head-on" lately...like I mentioned my 'therapist' and working through a crap load of crap...Eloquent language, I know...then there are things that I would like to avoid and run from and it seems like every time I go to do that, they are thrown in my face...sometimes it seems like such a small world and I like to ask God why He likes letting all of these things come at once...to which He seems to say "If things happened one at a time and orderly, then you would think that you can handle them, Jenn...therefore you get everything at once so that you have to lean on me for support"...thanks, I think! My therapist asked me a question this week to which I have really been struggling to find the answer. She asked me if I trust that God has his arms around me so that I won't fall over the "cliff". I am not sure. I have always felt like I have been at the bottom of God's "To Do" list and He just hasn't quite gotten to me yet. I know that is not the case...but is the way I feel sometimes...

Anyway, one of these days I am going to write my first of many Christmas rants. I love it so much...all the colors, smells, food and friends...oooo, I cannot wait!!

With working so much, I miss seeing some of you...
Love ya,
J

3 comments:

Jenna said...

Hey Jenn,
You arent just working, you are a mom too! Its no wonder you are tired! Good nights for me are thursday and saturday...and that is about all. I really would love a girls night!

Jenny said...

Hey Jenn,
Just thought I'd take a look see at your blog and what's been going on with you lately.

The last part of your blog reminded me of something that I thought I should share with you. A couple of years ago a bunch of S'toon people went to First Assembly in Calgary with me and a couple other Thompson people to attend a Tehillah Monday meeting. Anyway after the service was over I was sitting near you on a pew and Steve Osmond came over and said something to you and I don't know why but I heard and remembered it since whenever I see you or think of you. He said that you are not 2nd class, you're 1st class to God. I know he said more but that's the phrase that really stuck in my head.

Anyway just thought I'd share that with you. I hope you're well :)

Love Jenny x

Anonymous said...

Poker sounds good to me. Just learned this past week. I will bring some "eats" too, just let me know when. I think a Saturday would be great, kick the kids and guys all to one house and we can play, loose, win, eat and be merry! Let me know and I am in for sure!!!