Sunday, May 13, 2007

Sunday Night Musings

Fine. No one but Gina will comment on my goat blog. It's not that I found the act funny (infact quite the opposite), it's the fact that it made the news...and was under investigation...come on people...that is funny!

Well, anyway, it was an interesting weekend at our house. It started Friday when I had a Dr. appointment cause I had some tests come back 'abnormal'. It is the reason I have been a little distant the last couple of weeks. All is fine for now, but I guess we'll re-test in September. It's funny (like not Ha Ha) that when I hear news like that, I always think, well this would be my punishment for the not so great things I have done in my life. Lisa says God doesn't work like that-so I'll take her word for it...

On Friday night/Sat morning Ethan woke up puking. I HATE stomach viruses. SO, we were awake with that for a lot of the night (SIDENOTE: Tim mostly dealt with him-remember, I am 'Darth mommy' before 7:30 am) Then at about 5 pm on Saturday, Grace started screaming that her ear really hurt. Long story short, a trip to the Dr. says it is an infection and a burst ear drum. She is fine and there was just a little blood. It will heal and she can still hear out of it. Unnerving, though. So, I never made it to church this morning. It is the first time in 6 years of playing in the band that I had to cancel. Sucky....but I'm a mom first!

So, speaking of Grace, I just had to tell a couple funny stories and show you a funny picture of her. She truly is a comedian and always has everyone in stitches....and I mean, she is just so darn cute. I was cleaning my room getting ready for our garage sale this weekend when I hear Grace calling me. So, I walk into her room and this is what I see. It looks like the big flower monster messed up her room and then ate her. She seriously was lying completely still minus the occasional foot spasm for 5 minutes pretending to be dead. It was quite hysterical. At Easter time, we went to the Children's place to get her some clothes. (she had $ to spend and wanted clothes...nearly brought a tear to my eye...she is MY daughter :) So she picked out a beautiful dress and when we were buying it, the lady at the counter asks her what special occasion warranted the purchase of the dress. Grace takes a step back, puts her hands up and says, "well...I am a girl." Of course, what other reason do you need for a pretty dress? On Friday night, Tim and I were chatting irritatedly with each other and Grace comes into my room and says, "Mom, when you argument with Daddy, it makes Jesus cry." So cute....but really funny too! She has the ability to make us laugh, even when we don't feel like it. If you have some funny stories, feel free to add them....Gina, I know you have a couple.

For Mother's Day, Tim gave me a facial and a Lululemon gift certificate. YAY...he said I am due for a new pair of Lululemon pants...I think he just likes me in them...we all know how they make all butts look great...I did buy the Butt Book: a better butt in 9 weeks by Tosca Reno, so hopefully I can live up to the expectations. And by the way, a shameless plug for the book-it is great....great exercises and great recipes...2 weeks down, 7 to go!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brutal about Ethan and Grace, not a fun weekend! I know all to well about the whole burst ear drum thing...not a good time! Jachin can still hear, but there are times when I know he can tune me out and says HUH just to bug moi! Nice Mother's Day presents....you deserve them lady! I want the book about the butt, I need to tone and firm up my "booty butt!"
TTYL Lisa

Jenna said...

aww those things grace said are so cute!! i love the, "well, i am a girl." haha!!
u already have a great bum, but i guess theres always room to make it greater

Miss Gina said...

My favourite new Grace story is when we were at dinner at Colleen's and I asked Grace what she wanted to be grows up....she thought about it for a minute, threw her hands up and said..."Still a human!"

Precious

MoldableClay said...

Hey Jenn,
So cute, thanks for the story. You need to put a few more of those on. I know the Barnstable house has more entertainment to offer us all!
But thanks.
Looks like Grace is getting really tall, wow!
Hope you guys are doing well, sorry to hear about the "not feeling well" for you guys. Hope you ALL get better in Jesus Name!
Hey, how come you haven't joined facebook yet? Really surprised by that?!
Blessings
Ronnie +