Monday, June 18, 2007

June Randoms

This will be pretty, well, all over the place-but at least it's a post, right?!

I went to Edmonton a couple weekends ago with the grads and Shawn and Lisa. It was a lot of fun....There are a few bizarre things to take note of:

1. West Ed Mall is decked out for Christmas as they are filming a movie there starring Carmen Electra, Jimmy Fallon and a few other names...of course the guys wanted a view of Carmen!
2. There was a couple that was like seriously 78 years old that had just gotten married. She was wearing a wedding dress and he was in a suit. They checked into the Fantasy Land Hotel at the same time we did. We then saw them later at Earl's...still in the same clothing and she was still carrying her bouquet! That in itself isn't so odd, but the fact that both and if not, for sure she was totally plastered. He had to help her back from the washroom....and we saw her earlier-she has no problem walking! They were very cute/odd!
3. Phil bought a grill....like for his mouth....and it cost more than $2....nice, real nice.

Grace has graduated preschool. She will miss 'Madame', but looks forward to getting on the bus with Ethan and going to school all day. (We won't tell her who else looks forward to this!-it's not that I don't love hangin' with my kids, it'll just be nice having 2 whole days a week to accomplish daily tasks with no interruptions-first time in 7.5 years, people....7.5 years!!)

Choir has ended for another year, but I look forward to the year ahead with anticipation. God has started a work among us and I know that it will continue to grow. I like this pic of Teesh and Gina-so happy. Then we have some of the guys...they were supposed to be doing a 'band cover' pose...I think Blaine is the only one that actually got what we were going for :)

So, here is my convo with the kids while heading out the door to church on Sunday. Most people are white, right mom....and Jesus is white, right? I am totally freaking out at this point wondering how Tim and I could have raised such sheltered (aka racist) kids...I mean, we have different colored friends, we always say we wish we were black...etc. So, we chat some more and it turns out that they are commenting on what they know from their lives...there are some black and 'brownish' people as Ethan says in our lives , but not lots and all of the pics of Jesus are of him white-which is totally not correct....so, they aren't racist, just observant of their own little world. WHEW!

I have finished painting Ethan's room. It turned out so well. I love it-it may be my fav room of the house at the moment. He really loves it too! My kitchen is being put in the first week of July-I am thrilled. My kitchen of the moment has been making me say obscenities in my head for the last 3 months. It is such a terrible lay out and I love to cook-so we really do not get along!! However, new kitchen means I need to paint the house and ceiling....so much work, so little time.

In other news....Teesh and I on Aug. 28, 2007 @7:30 pm at Rexall place in Edmonton will be watching JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE perform...I have no words to express the excitement I feel....just imagine the high pitched nosies, hand gestures, and general jumping/prancing around that I do when I am really, really excited...that should suffice.

8 comments:

AlisonVeritas said...

AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAH
That's how I feel about Ethan's people are/Jesus is white conversation. So brilliantly kid funny.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the picture of Gracie at her graduation, Do I get one? I just love hearing stories about the things that the kids say. I told mom about how Grace thought Joey was sick cause he ate too many dog treats and mom thought that was cute. Hopefully there aren't too many screaming little girls at the Justin concert, although I know you'll have a blast anyway! Well talk to you later.

Just Me said...

Yes, you get a picture, Dawn! Alison, it is so hard not to laugh sometimes at the kids...I have a story to tell you about Ethan's stuffed monkey-it is not apporpriate (I don't think) for here :)

Jenna said...

I am so jealous that you are going to JT. That is going to be an amazing concert!! It will be so nice to get along with your kitchen!! I love my kitchen!! Ok, I am going to stop being so excited about everything now. Have a good day

Leah said...

Phillip? Grills? Oh give me a break.
Did I mention I love your children? I love it when kids question the worlds blackness (or lack there of in Saskatchewan's case).
btw- I'm up for a little Beyonce if this turns into a group thing (although I'm pretty sure that's a comment that should have been left on facebook - whatever)

Laurie said...

Glad to read an update on your blog. You could be a writer :) Love the little different stories you tell. Brings a smile to my face.

We are now, about 5 days away from moving.....ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! :)

jillarae said...

Just so you know, you haven't given us a clue to your July Randoms, and it is now mid-August...

Bryan and Jamie and family said...

I have been checking your blog for the past 5 months with no updates?????