Friday, May 12, 2006

Christian Radio????

I am irritated. I know that this will seem very 'complainy' to some of you, but it has been bugging me enough that I need to write about it! The new Christian radio station ticks me off. It just seems so typical. The station logo song is just ridiculous and so 1982 Christian. The reception is terrible! One cannot even listen to it for more than 10 minutes without wanting to drive into someone. You couldn't listen to it at work without annoying everyone. I was just so excited about the whole thing...I would never tell anyone to listen to it...especially non-Christians. I wish that it could have been slightly trendier...not stupid trendy, but just a little more. I also wish that the reception was on par with all of the other radio stations in town. Why advertise and put it on the air when half of the time, one can't hear it? It sounds like when I used to try to pick up the Minot, ND station when I lived in Estevan. Why do endeavors like this seem to make the Christian community look so dull and way behind the times? I think that it would be so cool if there was a Friday night urban/hip hop show (I could host?!) that would give C95's live transistor radio some competition. There is some really great urban Christian music out there! Who knows, maybe it'll get better...

Also, I miss Ronnie and Janelle...I wish they could come home...Ronnie said to take that up with God...I did....Apparently, we have to go visit there...

One last thing...let's vote on whether Tim is a psyco...I found this picture on our camera...apparently it is normal to take pictures of sleeping people??!! (just so you know, that speckled thing is Bill, my body pillow-everyone should have one!)

6 comments:

Lori said...

Hey I agree about the Radio Station! I actually emailed them about it! They only have 36 Watts so it isn't very good - they just suggested to move all radios to the east side of the house! I can't even get reception in my house! My car is ok - but I hate the theme song and/or Acappella (sorry to everyone who likes them!) I actually don't mind them - but I just have to be in the mood. I am disappointed as well that there isn't as much newer selections! But they have only been on for a month - maybe they will improve. I compare them to the christian stations in BC/Washington or online and it just doesn't add up. cxmwwk

Marla said...

you guys are too cute! that camera seems to come out at the most inopportune times, hey?

and about the radio station...calgary's had one for a while and the music selection still isn't that good. at least the reception is up to par though! i would totally write in about it!

AlisonVeritas said...

Hey!
That's a cute picture! I haven't coloured my hair, but I am using this shampoo with sunscreen so my hair hasn't gone that pasty bleached by the sun strawberry blonde that I so dread every summer. We'll catch up soon, hope you're doing well.
Alison

A Not So Desperate Housewife said...

The Christian radio station in Winnipeg stinks big....well, you get the point. If I hear them play God Is In Control one more time, I'm going to loose control! And you're right, Christian music shouldn't make us want to hurt other people. Hmm.

Jadon said...

Man, makes me want back The Factory Floor on CFCR. THAT was definitely not MOR Christian stuff, certainly.

MoldableClay said...

Can't say too mcuh about the radio station- we deffinately don't have one in Bedworth England! That's for sure- maybe we're better off?! But hey- we miss you too!! Thanks for caring. Maybe we'll see you soon?