Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Just for Fun...

You know, I was reading through my blog and I realized that I have let a little bit of the fun part of my personality slip through my fingers. (Except for the fun we had at Pete's housewarming...Cordell-you are nuts!!) Not that I want to be the person that I was a year ago, but I miss my silly side. I saw my blog on drinking a monster energy drink and then writing whatever came to mind...honestly...did I have nothing better to do-like making Easter dinner...which I am in the middle of right now! Anyway, I was thinking, it would be fun if we came up with some appropriate dares for me to accomplish and then I will post the story and the pictures for all to see. Anyone interested? I know that I usually make my own fun, but I have had a hard time getting that part of my brain going- so if you could all help me...that would be great!! Some of my most fun is when I get to act like I would to make my parents say "Oh, Jenn..." This picture is courtesy of Cordell and a tart. And the one below is all because of a late night run to Mac Donalds...and the bottom one, well, a big thank-you goes out to Teesh, San Francisco and Christmas. To Teesh-her willingness to let me be a goof around her, to San Francisco-for selling dumb seasonal costumes, and To Christmas-because everything is just a little more fun during that time of the year!!! So, can you rise to the challenge? Post a silly thing/dare for me and I shall accomplish it with proof...maybe this could be a weekly thing...HOWEVER, I cannot stress enough that the ideas must, I repeat must, be APPROPRIATE!!
See ya lata skatas,

Jenn

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a dare for you to complete. Phase 1 is to obtain a ukelele. Phase 2 is to get comfortable with it enough for Phase 3 to commence. The crux of the task is in Phase 3: You are to set up shop in front of the red bus in front of the Bessborough Hotel on a sunny Friday evening and perform 3 songs for the assorted onlookers. You have the choice from the following songs: You are my sunshine (traditional), He's got the whole world in His hands (traditional), Let the sunshine in (from the Flinstone's episode when Bamm-Bamm and Pebbles became a one-hit wonder singing group), Arms wide open (Creed), Big yellow taxi (Joni Mitchell). Phase 4 is the documentation stage. To document this task you must have video evidence that will be linked to your blog. You have one month to complete this task, if you so dare.

Just Me said...

one month?! I don't even know how to play the stupid thing...could it be a recorder??

Anonymous said...

You heard PAT. One month - on a ukelele. I don't think you'll do it. That sounds like a . . . duh duh duh daaah . . . double dare.

Anonymous said...

You see, this is the beauty of the ukelele, it is relatively simple to play, you can sing along with it, it is easy to get and no matter how good you are, it still sounds like a cheap Hawaiian vacation substitute. I don't know, it rather sounds like you're chickening out.

Just Me said...

... ...that dead space you see is where I was dramatically sucking in air at my shock that you two don't think I would take you up on it!! On that note...do you own a ukelele, PAT...and if so, can I borrow it? Heck, I'll even announce it before hand and all can come and watch!...so there (I feel so 7 years old right now)

Anonymous said...

The truth is I don't own a ukelele, but I will find one before the weekend is out. If you can figure out who I am, and you can find me (shades of the A-team, no?)you can borrow it.

Just Me said...

I knew who you were from the begining...as that was the begining if your email at university. Furthermore, who else uses the word crux, Peter?? Alright, bring me a ukelele to church and it is on!!

Marla said...

i wanna watch! i wanna watch!!

Doves In Mire said...

Could we throw a midget into the whole dare somehow? Perhaps the "little person" could piggy back Jenn while she plays the ukelele? Not for the entire duration of the concert of course, but perhaps for the first song? That would truly draw an even LARGER crowd. Jenn, I know a few midgets from my carny days....I could hook you up?