Monday, January 09, 2006

Life Since Christmas Production 2005

So, to satisfy the promptings by e-mail for a new blog (by my husband....seriously Tim, you could talk to me at home!), here it is. Christmas was fabulous...very relaxing. I love having parents take care of me. I think that Tim and I fell asleep on the couch together every day! We saw a good friend of ours that we typically get to see about once a year...I love how time seems to stand still with those kind of people...you can just pick up where you left off. I personally have know this friend for almost 25 years now...long, eh? He is getting married in April and is probably eloping...I think that is neat! The kids were spoiled by their grandparents again...I think that there is a fuse of common sense that shorts when people acquire grandkids....it's like, "oh, they want that....then we should buy that for them". Ethan has a new Harley Davidson leather jacket...that is how extravagant things get. And oh the toys...I do like to clean their rooms out and give stuff to community living before holidays or birthdays hit. I was absolutely spoiled. I received a pair of Lululemon pants and a jacket, socks, the best coffee mug ever from Starbucks from Tim. Oh, did I mention...he gave me a beautiful white gold and diamond ring Christmas morning away from everyone. I'll take a pic and post it one of these days It is funky, but so beautiful. I like it a lot...

So, now for the big news...Tim and I are officially going to the Mayan Riviera on Feb. 10. We got a deal for an all-inclusive five star resort that has everything...even a free half hour massage!...white sand beaches and blue water, here we come! I am pretty sure that we will re-new our vows while we are there...very exciting. Here is an example of how excited I have gotten (and how much of a loser I am). I have already packed...just to make sure that we can fit everything in two carry-ons. I mean, how much does one need to take? Bathing suits and nice evening attire, right? I cannot wait to snorkel and just lay on a beach with no cares in the world!

As a sidenote: we have been having "spiritual renewal days" at church this week. The first 2 services have been amazing with the choir being true examples of a worship leading choir. I am not sure that I have stopped crying in 24 hours (if you know me, you know that I don't really cry) I woke up last night and I could barely see the alarm clock cause my eyes were so sore and puffy. Sam Farina is the speaker and last night he prayed for all of the pastoral staff and then they prayed for every person there...very powerful time! He presented very vividly how we have to keep coming to God over and over...that things aren't often a one-trip to the alter fix. I was reminded by one of the pastors that prayed for me that we call out to God again and again because He is faithful. Anyway, it is interesting how after time like that, attacks occur. Tim and I woke up with in a minute of one another last night (3:30 am) to be exact and both of us felt as though we were under attack to each of our deepest fears and insecurities. We prayed together...but tossed and turned until about 7 am. That kind of sucked and I am tired today, but it won't stop us from going back and pressing in to what God has for us. Well, I suppose that got to be a pretty long sidenote...sorry!

Love you all and I'll post some pictures soon!!

Jenn

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok....the Mayan Riveria (how you spell don't know!) Can we come too...I will pack in your carry on and you don't even need to see me...I will disappear until the day we have to leave again! I must say I am super jealous and super excited for you and Tim. I hope that you two have the most wonderful time and get super great tans! Did I mention how jealous I am..... ;)

AlisonVeritas said...

That is SO great!!! Good for you to get away, you will have a wonderful time and I think it will be really special. Sounds like good stuff going on. This is a reasonably quiet week, so we'll have to try and have a chat.
Have a great day

tmosh said...

hey Jenn
i'm so glad you guys are able to get to your hot getaway! There's only one thing you'll promise me......when you are on the beach basking in the sun - you'll have to say "take that john veniot" : )

kristin janzen said...

ooooh MEXICO what a great place to go!!! i hope you guys have a FABULOUS trip, i know you will. the only spanish you'll need to know is "donde este el bano?" at least thats all I would need if it were me ;)