Monday, August 08, 2005

Estevan

The past week was a BLAST!! Our first day was spent, yep, you guessed it...boating. Love it...although, I must be getting old cause I seriously feel like I have been hit by a cement truck. Most of my muscular pain comes from tubing....you can't have fun unless you leave with whiplash...my bro-in-law kept me laughing hysterically with quotes from "Anchorman", while trying my best to hold on ....we may have possibly kindof sorta mooned the people's in the boat too (no, there is no way that I would post that pic...yes, Tim snapped one...lovely) Tuesday, we did some shopping. I am sure I have told you all of the wicked awesome deals that I find when I come here...this time was no disappointment...I have acquired 3 new shirts and a pair of pants for $35! They have a new board shop here in Estevan that I discovered today. It rules! I could easily drop 500 bucks there. Thursday and Friday were boating days...the weather cooperated splendidly. Saturday was Burke's (Tim's middle brother) wedding day. It was beautiful and fun and 35 degrees with no wind....we all wanted to be on the boat (Burke was the only one that got to do that...you'll see in the pictures!!) Jamie, his new wife (whom I actually graduated high school with) has a 6 year old girl...so it is great getting an "instant" cousin for the kids!! Jamie and Kalie are great additions to the Barnstable clan. It was a truly beautiful day....kind of neat seeing a side to Burke that we don't often get to see (he had us all tearing up cause he was tearing) We had so much fun this week, it was actually hard to leave...wish we could have had a couple more days there...yes, I know that you are all in shock as I don't usually talk about Estevan like it is the place to be, but you know, in summer...it RULES...especially if you like water sports....any of you are welcome to come down with us anytime!! :)

3 comments:

AlisonVeritas said...

Nice PICS!!!! I am SO glad you returned to the land of bloggin, I missed you. Sounds like the holiday was great and the wedding was great. yippee.

Jenna said...

I really like all your pictures. It looked like you had so much fun! I love boating and water sports. They are my favorite. Your family is really cute. Did you wear any of your 1.97 bathing suits?

Kevin said...

Great pics Jennifer. i quite enjoyed them. almost made me wish i could do that crap too.
what's for supper tonite?